Tabletop grills are ideal for on the go grilling. They work well for apartments that have small patios or balconies and they are the perfect partner for picnics and tailgating parties. Gas grills are the most efficient and easy option for portable outdoor grilling.
- 1 Best Tabletop Gas Grills
- 1.1 1. Weber 121020 Go-Anywhere Charcoal Grill
- 1.2 2. Cuisinart CGG-200 All Foods Tabletop Stainless Steel Gas Grill
- 1.3 3. Cuisinart CGG-180T Red Petit Gourmet Portable Tabletop Gas Grill
- 1.4 4. Pinty 250-Square Inch Portable Folding Charcoal Tabletop Grill
- 1.5 5. Giantex Propane Tabletop Stainless Steel Gas Grill
- 1.6 6. Char-Griller E22424 Black Table Top Charcoal Grill and Side Fire Box
- 1.7 7. Lodge Cast Iron Sportsman’s Hibachi-Style Grill
- 1.8 8. Cuisinart CCG-190RB Portable Red 14-Inch Charcoal Grill
- 1.9 9. Volcano Grills 3-Fuel Portable Camping Stove and Fire Pit
- 2 Features To Consider
- 3 Conclusion
Best Tabletop Gas Grills
Most tabletop gas grills are compact, lightweight and extremely portable. There is nothing more appealing than being able to take your gas grill with you to the park or tailgating party. What is the best tabletop grill, though? Before you choose a portable tabletop grill, take a look at the reviews of our top favorite picks. You may find one that appeals to you!
1. Weber 121020 Go-Anywhere Charcoal Grill
The Weber Go-Anywhere grill is the ideal grill for camping, picnics or tailgating parties. The grill is compact and lightweight for grilling on the go. It has collapsible legs and the lid locks in place easily for portability.
The grill surface can hold up to 6 burgers. There are air dampers on the lid which allow you to control the temperature inside the grill. The steel grilling grate is easy-to-clean and the porcelain-enameled steel lid and cooking box are built to last for years.
With a primary cooking area of 160-square inches, this portable grill will give you perfect results every time. Enjoy the efficiency of a lightweight grill for your on the go grilling needs.
- Compact and lightweight
- Locking lid
- Collapsible legs for easy portability
- Air dampers help control temperature
- Grill body is shallow
- Gets too hot to be used on plastic surfaces
2. Cuisinart CGG-200 All Foods Tabletop Stainless Steel Gas Grill
This tabletop stainless steel grill from Cuisinart will change the way you approach cookouts! The modular grill surface has panels that securely attach to the grill, but can be easily removed for cleaning and storage.
This grill has a 12,000-BTU (British thermal units) stainless steel burner with a twist-start easy ignition system. The grill features a removable drip tray to capture all the grease and fat from the food you are grilling. The cooking grates are made of porcelain enamel-coated cast-iron.
There are two side shelves that fold out from the grill and can be used to hold grilling utensils and spices. The built-in temperature gauge helps you monitor the internal temperature of the grill while your food is cooking.
If you are looking for a convenient portable grill, the Cuisinart CGG-200 gives you everything you need is a compact and lightweight product. This grill is perfect for small decks, balconies, and on the go grilling.
- 12,000-BTU stainless steel burner
- Twist-start easy ignition system
- 2 fold-out shelves
- Built-in temperature gauge
- 240-square inches of cooking space
- Does not work well for food that requires low heat
3. Cuisinart CGG-180T Red Petit Gourmet Portable Tabletop Gas Grill
This Cuisinart portable grill has 145-square inches of grilling area. This is enough space to cook 8 steaks or up to 4-pounds of fish. The grill has a 5,500-BTU stainless steel burner with an even-heating porcelain-enameled cooking grate.
The grill features legs that fold up underneath it for compact portability and storage. The aluminum legs and stabilizing feet can be set up in literally seconds so you can get busy grilling quickly. The integrated lid lock keeps the lid secure while you are not using the grill.
This grill has a pronounced briefcase-style carrying handle. It weighs only 13.5-pounds making it lightweight and compact for perfect on the go grilling.
- 145-square inches of cooking space
- 5,500-BTU stainless steel burner
- Even-heating cooking grate
- Folding legs for portability and compact storage
- Lid lock and handle are plastic and break easily
4. Pinty 250-Square Inch Portable Folding Charcoal Tabletop Grill
This grill from Pinty has 250-square inches of grilling space. This is the perfect sized grill for camping or tailgating parties. It features 7 air vents for both ventilation and ash discharge. The air damper on the top of the grill can be used to control the internal temperature of the grill when the lid is closed.
This charcoal grill folds up into a compact size for easy portability and storage. The lid has 2 locks and the heat-resistant handle won’t get too hot to handle when you are grilling. If you are looking for a compact grill that will produce great results every time, consider this Pinty folding charcoal grill. You will not be disappointed!
- 250-square inches of cooking space
- Features 7 air vents
- Includes air damper on the top
- Does not include a drip tray to capture grease
5. Giantex Propane Tabletop Stainless Steel Gas Grill
This Giantex 2-burner stainless steel tabletop grill has a push-and-turn ignition starter for each burner. The grill delivers a total output of 20,000-BTUs and is able to reach a high temperature quickly so you can begin grilling right away.
This grill is designed to be compact and portable. It has foldable legs along with a lockable lid so you can easily carry this grill from one location to another. It will even fit in the trunk of your car!
If you need to cook food at a low temperature, the grill is designed with an individual temperature control on each burner. This allows you to use high heat on one burner and low heat on the other. This compact grill works with 20-pound propane tanks and is an ideal solution for on the go grilling parties!
- 2 burners with 10,000-BTUs each
- Foldable legs
- Lockable lid
- Works with 20-pound propane tanks
- Built-in temperature gauge
- If you have issues with the grill, customer service is not very good
6. Char-Griller E22424 Black Table Top Charcoal Grill and Side Fire Box
If you want a portable, compact charcoal grill you can take with you to tailgating parties or park picnics, consider the Char-Griller E22424 Charcoal Grill. This grill features easy-to-clean cooking grates and it has two adjustable dampers to help you control the internal grill temperature.
The grill has 250-square inches of cooking space and has a sliding drawer for easy access to coals and ashes. It even has an easy dump ash pan along with a stay cool handle.
This charcoal grill can also be used as a side fire box. It is designed to attach to existing Char-Griller barrel charcoal grills as a side fire box for Texas-style smoking. The heavy steel construction ensures that this grill will provide you with years of flavorful cooking you will not be able to forget!
- 250-square inches of cooking space
- Sliding drawer for each access to coals and ashes
- Easy-to-clean cooking grates
- Two adjustable dampers to control the internal grill temperature
- Heavy steel construction
- Paint may bubble and peel after extensive use
7. Lodge Cast Iron Sportsman’s Hibachi-Style Grill
This cast iron hibachi-style charcoal grill by Lodge is the perfect grill for Korean BBQ, camping or tailgating parties. The cast iron grates are pre-seasoned and easy-to-clean. The grill features a draft door that regulates the coal heat. The coals are easily accessible behind a flip-down door.
The grill has two adjustable heights to move the food closer to the heat when needed. Lodge makes all of its cast iron products in the USA. They have over 120-years of experience and their cast iron is well known for the high quality design.
This grill offers even heating, a natural easy-release finish, versatility and durability. These are all features that Lodge takes pride in delivering in their products every time. You will love the results you get from this charcoal tabletop grill!
- Cast iron grill
- Pre-seasoned cast iron grates
- Draft door for regulating heat
- Comes with adjustable grate heights
- Small cooking surface
- Takes a long time to heat up
8. Cuisinart CCG-190RB Portable Red 14-Inch Charcoal Grill
This red grill from Cuisinart will make heads turn when you are grilling at the park or your tailgating party! It has 150-square inches of cooking space and features a dual venting system to give you the ultimate temperature control.
It has 3 secure lid locks so that you can safely and easily transport the grill before and after use. The grill measures about 14.5-inches in diameter and is only 15-inches tall. It weighs only about 2-pounds making it compact and ideal for small patios or balconies.
This charcoal grill features an enamel-coated firebox and ash catcher. The ash catcher is very large and easily accessible for easy clean up. This grill will give you great results every time.
- 150-square inches of cooking space
- 3 lid locks for secure transportation
- Weighs only 2-pounds
- Easy access ash catcher
- Lip to hold the cooking grate is not wide enough
- Cooking grate moves around and can flip
9. Volcano Grills 3-Fuel Portable Camping Stove and Fire Pit
Volcano Grills has designed this impressive compact camping stove that can run on propane, charcoal or wood chips. It collapses down to only 5-inches and will fit into the convenient carrying case for easy storage and portability.
This grill will connect to a standard 20-pound tank or you can get an adapter to connect to a portable propane bottle. The 19,500-BTU burner will evenly heat up the cooking chamber which lets you grill evenly and efficiently.
This versatile grill can be used as a grill, dutch oven, or a wok. You can even use this as a fire pit if you need to warm up during a camping trip. This grill comes with a heavy-duty rubber-coated nylon carrying case. The case includes a pocket for the grates and diffuser elements.
This grill is ideal for camping trips or tailgating. It is sturdy and will give you years of long-lasting performance and consistent results. You will not be disappointed in this grill choice!
- Supports three fuel sources: propane, charcoal or wood chips
- Includes nylon carrying case
- Collapses down to 5-inches
- Has a 19,500-BTU burner
- Does not get to a high temperature on propane
Features To Consider
There are many features to consider when you are looking for a new tabletop gas grill. Here are some key elements that you need to understand before you make a decision on the best grill for your needs.
We have primarily focused on propane or gas tabletop grills in this article. This is not the only fuel source for grills, however. You can also find portable grills that are charcoal or even electric.
For efficient on the go grilling, however, the most flexible and portable solution is propane. This gives you unlimited options for where you can take your grill.
Even though these grills are portable, that doesn’t mean that they will all fit with your specific needs. Portable gas grills come in all kinds of shapes and sizes. Some are small enough that they will only cook 2-3 burgers at a time. Others are a little larger and can accommodate grilled food for 5-7 people.
Size is also important when it comes to transportation of the grill. If you have a compact car, you may need to consider an even more compact grill! Be sure that you understand the dimensions of the grill so you can confirm it will fit in your car before you purchase it.
I cannot stand to have a dirty car. If I am transporting a portable tabletop grill, then I want to be sure the grill is as clean as possible before I place it in my car! Before you choose a portable grill, be sure you understand how easy it is to clean it after use.
You may also want to consider how easy it is to pack up the grill after you are finished using it. Does it come with a carrying case? These are all questions you should consider before you make a final choice.
If you want to be able to grill on the go, then you should consider investing in a tabletop gas grill. Be sure to consider the size of the grill, how compact it is and how easy it is to clean up after use. You don’t want to end up with a dirty car simply because you were unable to get your tabletop grill cleaned up properly after using it!