I love the taste of food that is cooked on a grill. The only problem is that I do not like grilling in the cold. That’s where an indoor grill comes into play. Although an indoor grill cannot compete with the taste of charcoal grilling, an indoor electric grill can still provide some tasty foods, even when it’s cold outside.
- 1 Indoor Grill Reviews
- 1.1 Power Smokeless Grill with Tempered Glass Lid
- 1.2 T-fal GC70 Silver OptiGrill Electric Indoor Grill
- 1.3 Philips Smoke-less Indoor BBQ Grill
- 1.4 Tenergy Redigrill Smoke-less Infrared Grill
- 1.5 Zojirushi EB-DLC10 Indoor Electric Grill
- 1.6 Zojirushi EB-CC15 Indoor Electric Grill
- 1.7 Hamilton Beach 25360 Indoor Searing Grill with Nonstick Plate
- 1.8 George Foreman Silver 15-Serving Indoor/Outdoor Electric Grill
- 1.9 Hamilton Beach 3-In-1 MultiGrill
- 1.10 Magic-Mill Electric Smokeless Grill and Griddle Pan
- 1.11 Maxi-Matic EGL-6501 XL Indoor Electric Grill
- 1.12 KRUPS PG760851 Electric Indoor Adjustable Temperature Smokeless Grill
- 1.13 Chefman Electric Smokeless Indoor Grill
- 1.14 Hamilton Beach 25331 Super Sear Indoor Searing Grill
- 2 Frequently Asked Questions
- 3 Conclusion
Indoor Grill Reviews
Before you decide on an indoor grill, you need to be aware of the different options that are available. We have selected our top favorite indoor grills to review and have shared some pros and cons of each one.
Power Smokeless Grill with Tempered Glass Lid
This indoor grill lets you cook indoors without worrying about all the smoke! This smoke-free grill has a nonstick grill surface along with removable plates. It includes a griddle plate which can be interchanged with a flat grill plate.
The grill uses a built-in turbo-speed fan to reduce virtually all the hot and smoky air from your home! The nonstick grilling surface is easy-to-clean and can be placed in the dishwasher. The heating element has a detachable power cord for easier storage of the grill when it is not in use. You will be amazed at the efficiency of this compact grill!
- Smoke-free grill
- Nonstick grill surface
- Interchangeable griddle and flat grill plates
- Detachable power cord
- Fan is not strong enough
T-fal GC70 Silver OptiGrill Electric Indoor Grill
This grill has 6 automatic cooking programs and 2 cooking modes. The frozen mode is perfect for chicken and other meats that you want to keep frozen until you are ready to cook them. The manual mode allows you to have full control over how you are grilling your food.
Audible beeps will alert you to rare, medium and well done cook cycles. The T-fal OptiGrill has removable nonstick cooking plates for easy cleaning after your grilling is complete. The brushed stainless steel surface will fit in with any kitchen decor.
- 6 automatic cooking programs
- Frozen and manual cooking modes
- Removable nonstick cooking plates
- Adjusts the cooking process based on food thickness
- Auto-sensing feature for food thickness is imprecise
Philips Smoke-less Indoor BBQ Grill
This smokeless indoor grill from Philips uses advanced infrared technology and special reflectors to grill your food evenly. The drip tray beneath the cooking plate stays cool which results in virtually no smoke.
This electric grill has a cooking plate with slats in it so that the food is not cooking in its own grease. Cleanup after grilling is easy! You can either wipe down the grid or place it in the dishwasher. The grill is easy to set up which means you can start cooking within just minutes of removing it from the packaging!
- Uses infrared technology
- Drip tray remains cool reducing smoke
- Cooking plate has slats to release grease and fat
- Some grill parts are plastic and weak
Tenergy Redigrill Smoke-less Infrared Grill
This grill uses infrared heating technology to spread the heat across the grill top evenly. This eliminates cold zones and weak spots on the grill. This two-piece grill is easy to set up and will have you grilling in no time!
It heats up to 446-degrees within 6 minutes so you aren’t spending all of your time waiting for the grill to be hot. Get ready to make restaurant-style food on this grill in just minutes. You will love the flavors and will appreciate the smokeless indoor grilling.
- Uses infrared heating technology to distribute heat evenly
- Drip tray remains cool eliminating smoke
- Heats up to 446-degrees in 6 minutes
- Takes a long time to grill a thick steak on this grill
Zojirushi EB-DLC10 Indoor Electric Grill
This indoor grill has a large grilling surface designed to ensure fat drains away from your food and into the drip tray. The ceramic grilling surface is easy-to-clean and is enhanced with a titanium nonstick coating.
It has variable heat settings which allows you to select the appropriate temperature setting based on the food you are grilling. The drip tray and grilling plate can be easily removed from the stainless steel base for easy cleaning. You will enjoy the flavorful foods this indoor electric grill provides!
- Cooking surface is about 15-inches by 10.5-inches
- Ceramic grilling surface with nonstick coating
- Includes a high-powered heating element with variable heat settings
- Grill pan is time consuming to clean after use
Zojirushi EB-CC15 Indoor Electric Grill
This indoor electric grill is the ideal cooking surface for vegetables and every type of meat. It has a nonstick grilling surface that measures about 12-inches by 9-inches.
This grill offers variable heat control so you can select the appropriate temperature for the food you are cooking. The handles and exterior of the grill stays cool to the touch even while the cooking plate gets hot. This grill is easy to assemble so you can be grilling within just a couple of minutes!
- Cooking surface measures about 12-inches by 9-inches
- Features variable heat control
- Drip tray is dishwasher safe
- Exterior and handles stay cool to the touch while the grill is on
- Tends to splatter grease
- Generates considerable smoke
Hamilton Beach 25360 Indoor Searing Grill with Nonstick Plate
This is an easy-to-clean indoor stainless steel grill that comes with a removable nonstick cooking plate and an extra large drip tray. This grill from Hamilton Beach has a hood and features a high searing heat that locks in juices and flavors.
You can sear meats and vegetables up to 450-degrees or adjust the temperature as needed using the control dial. This grill is only 12.4-inches deep and 16.7-inches wide which makes it perfect for countertop cooking. A 1-year limited warranty makes this a risk-free option to choose!
- Removable nonstick cooking plate
- Sears up to 450-degrees
- Components are dishwasher safe
- Economically priced at under $100
- Must be unplugged in order to turn it off
George Foreman Silver 15-Serving Indoor/Outdoor Electric Grill
This George Foreman grill can be used indoors on a countertop or outdoors on its grill stand. The lid is vented which gives you control over how much moisture remains in the meat you are grilling.
The grill has a nonstick coating on the cooking plate so cleanup after grilling is a piece of cake! The adjustable temperature control dial lets you get the best results with any kind of food you cook.
This grill is perfect for apartments as you can use it outside on a balcony or indoors on your kitchen countertop. The removable drip tray is dishwasher safe making your cleanup easier than ever!
- Includes a removable stand
- Adjustable temperature control
- Dishwasher safe drip tray
- Nonstick cooking plate
- Grill stand is a little flimsy
Hamilton Beach 3-In-1 MultiGrill
This 3-in-1 grill is versatile enough to be used as a grill, flat griddle and panini maker! It has a 100-square inch nonstick cooking surface and completely unfolds to provide 2 grilling surfaces for double the cooking space.
Keep the grill closed to lock in juicy flavors or open it flat to grill multiple items at once. The adjustable temperature control allows you to cook items at a low or high heat setting. The grill plates and drip tray are removable and dishwasher safe. You will fall in love with the flexibility of this indoor grill.
- Can be used as a grill, flat griddle or for paninis
- Adjustable temperature control
- Cooking plates and drip tray are dishwasher safe
- Drip pan is made of thick plastic which can crack over time
Magic-Mill Electric Smokeless Grill and Griddle Pan
This smokeless grill has a precise digital temperature control. You can adjust the temperature higher or lower as needed based on what you are cooking. It uses infrared temperature heat to cook your food on the grill.
The indoor grill and griddle parts are all detachable except for the electronic parts. This makes cleanup easy and quick. If you want a hassle-free indoor grill experience, consider this Magic-Mill Smokeless Grill.
- Features a precise digital temperature control
- Has a cooking timer
- Uses infrared heat to cook the food
- Grill and griddle parts are detachable for easier cleaning
- Seems to produce a lot of smoke even with the internal fan
Maxi-Matic EGL-6501 XL Indoor Electric Grill
This extra large grill features an M-shaped heating element which ensures the grill heats up quickly and more evenly. The built-in nonstick splatter shield prevents messes while you are grilling. The cool-touch base and handles will give you peace of mind against possible nasty burns!
This grill comes with a transparent glass lid so you can watch your food while it is cooking. It comes with a 1-year warranty so you can be assured that this grill will last you for a long time.
- Extra large 16-inch by 12-inch cooking surface
- Removable thermostat control
- M-shaped heating element for quicker heating
- Includes a transparent glass lid
- Lid does not fit tightly causing some grease to splatter
KRUPS PG760851 Electric Indoor Adjustable Temperature Smokeless Grill
This smokeless grill from KRUPS is the perfect cooking solution for steaks or any type of meat. It heats up quickly and delivers consistent heat throughout your entire cooking cycle.
This indoor grill offers two separate cooking zones, each with its own adjustable controls. This allows you to cook two different types of food at the same time and at two different temperatures.
Both the grill plates and drip tray are removable and dishwasher safe for quick and easy cleanup after grilling. You will love the features this indoor KRUPS grill has to offer.
- Two separate adjustable temperature cooking zones
- Removable grill plates and drip tray
- Does not heat up enough to cook food in a reasonable time
Chefman Electric Smokeless Indoor Grill
This smokeless grill requires the drip tray to be filled with water which instantly cools any grease that falls on it. The temperature varies by heat zone so you can cook anything just the way you like it.
The nonstick surface ensures your food will not stick while you are cooking it. The grill plate and drip tray are removable and dishwasher safe making cleanup after cooking easy!
Cool-touch handles ensure you don’t burn yourself while cooking. With a 1-year warranty, you can purchase this grill worry-free and have wonderful grilled foods all year round.
- Features 3 heat zones
- Removable grill plate and drip tray
- Overheat auto shut-off feature
- Does not grill thicker meats well
Hamilton Beach 25331 Super Sear Indoor Searing Grill
This indoor searing grill from Hamilton Beach features a digital display and adjustable temperature controls. The 100-square inch cooking surface is large enough to grill 4 burgers at a time.
The lid has a floating hinge to accommodate thicker sandwiches or steaks. It quickly heats up to 500-degrees so you can begin grilling immediately. It has an illuminated sear button if you want to sear your meat or vegetables. Hamilton Beach offers a 1-year warranty on this grill which makes this a risk-free option to try.
- Digital display
- Adjustable temperature controls
- Floating hinge for thicker foods
- Quickly heats to 500-degrees
- Difficult to clean
- Produces a lot of smoke
Frequently Asked Questions
There are some specific features you need to consider before you decide on an indoor grill for your home.
What Type of Grill Should I get
There are two major types of indoor grills available. An open grill is larger and is the only type that can handle thicker meats and unevenly shaped foods.
A contact grill is designed to cook food faster. Both sides of the food touches the grill allowing it to cook twice as quickly. This is way more efficient and quick than an open grill!
What Is The Best Indoor Grills To Buy?
The best indoor grill is always a personal preference. I like the Hamilton Beach 25360 because it has a removable hood, plate and drip tray. It can sear foods and heat up to 450-degrees. With a price under $100, who wouldn’t want an indoor grill that doesn’t cost a fortune!
If you love to grill outside when it is warm then you will love having an indoor grill. It’s convenient to use during cold winter days and can still produce flavors that are close to what you get with a charcoal grill. You will love having the ability to grill year round!