Gas grills can be quite expensive, especially if you are looking at grills with many features. If you are on a budget, it may not be possible to spend $400 or $500 on a grill. You do not have to be discouraged because you can still find gas grill options for less than $200.
Best Gas Grills Under $200
Although a $200 grill will not have all the bells and whistles you want, you can still choose one that satisfies the basic grilling needs. Here are a few of our top choices for gas grills under $200.
1. Weber 50060001 Q1000 Liquid Propane Grill
This Weber propane grill features a single stainless steel burner which produces 8500-BTUs per-hour (British thermal units). It has a push-button ignition and uses disposable 14.1-ounce or 16.4-ounce LP (liquid propane) cylinders.
The grill must be preheated with the burner on high for 10-15 minutes before you can begin using it. The best feature of this grill is its compact size. You can grab this grill and take it with you to the lake, the park, or wherever you need to go!
- Single stainless steel burner
- Push-button ignition
- Uses disposable LP cylinders
- Grill must be preheated for 10-15 minutes before you can use it
2. Char-Broil TRU-Infrared Portable Grill2Go Gas Grill + Case
This portable gas grill features a cast aluminum firebox and lid with dual stainless steel latches. It has a built-in temperature gauge and a high-impact frame with legs and carrying handles.
This grill comes with a carrying case that has exterior storage pockets and loops for your phone, spices, or keys. It is constructed with tear-resistant materials so it will last for a long time!
- Cast aluminum firebox
- Built-in temperature gauge
- High-impact frame
- Includes a tear-resistant carrying case
- Regulator valve is not high quality
3. Royal Gourmet 22-Inch Tabletop Portable Propane Grill
This portable propane grill has 2 8500-BTU burners with individual temperature controls. The porcelain griddle is enamel-coated and provides 238-square inches of cooking surface.
The control panel on the front of the grill is made of durable stainless steel and has a Piezo ignition system to light the burners. A convenient side grease cup will collect any oil and fat that is produced while cooking.
This grill comes with a regulator for a 1-pound tank. This portable grill is perfect for camping or other outdoor activities. You will love how evenly this grill cooks your food and regulates the temperature!
- 2 burners
- Stainless steel control panel
- Enamel-coated porcelain griddle
- Grease cup
- 1-pound tank regulator is included
- Griddle is difficult to clean
4. Char-Broil Classic 280 2-Burner Liquid Propane Gas Grill With Side Burner
This grill features 2 stainless steel in-line burners which delivers an amazing 20,000-BTUs of heat across the grilling surface. A small 8000-BTU side burner is available for cooking vegetable sides and sauces.
The cooking surface is 20-inches by 14-inches and features porcelain-coated grates. This helps prevent food from sticking to the surface making cleanup a breeze.
This grill features a Piezo ignition system for fast and reliable startups. A small metal side shelf gives you extra prepping space while you are grilling. This grill has wheels for portability and will give you years of flavorful grilling results.
- 2 stainless steel in-line burners
- Small 8000-BTU side burner
- 20-inch by 14-inch cooking surface
- Piezo ignition system
- Difficult to assemble
5. Char-Broil Standard Portable Liquid Propane Gas Grill
This Char-Broil portable grill is designed for on-the-go grilling. The legs fold over the top of the grill to lock the lid in place. Heat-resistant handles allow you to move the grill before it even cools down.
This grill is designed to be used with 16.4-ounce or 14.1-ounce propane cylinders. You can cook up to 8 hamburgers at a time on the chrome-plated cooking grate. It’s easy to clean and dishwasher safe so you can spend more time enjoying your company and meal than cleaning up.
- Compact and lightweight at 10-pounds
- Tabletop cooking
- Cooks up to 8 hamburgers at one time
- 11,000-BTU burner
- Uses propane cylinders
- Does not have a built-in ignition switch
6. Weber 1141001 Go-Anywhere Black Gas Grill
This compact and lightweight on-the-go grill has a single stainless steel 6500-BTU per hour burner. The 160-square inch cooking surface is the perfect size for camping or tailgating.
The cooking grate is porcelain-enameled and easy to clean up after grilling. Plated steel legs fold up and lock in place when you are carrying the grill. This Go-Anywhere grill is the ideal size to travel with and use on road trips. You will love the charcoal-like flavors this compact grill delivers!
- Single stainless steel 6500-BTU per hour burner
- 160-square inches of cooking surface
- Collapsible steel legs that lock in place when not in use
- Regulator doesn’t keep the burner lit consistently
7. GasOne B-5300 One High-Pressure Outdoor Propane Gas Cooker
This GasOne cooker is a single burner cooker that can exert up to 65,000-BTUs. You can control the high output flame from the regulators using the control knob to direct the gas flow.
This cooker is designed to work with a 20-pound propane tank. The air valve is controllable to ensure you have a consistent blue flame while cooking.
This grill works perfectly with cast-iron skillets and will give you the comforts of a stove while you are on the road. You will love how much flexibility this cooker will add to your camping or tailgating routine!
- Single burner cooker
- For use with a 20-pound propane tank
- Steel-braided adjustable regulator
- Must be used in a well-ventilated area
8. Masterbuilt SH19030819 Smoke Hollow PT300B Propane Tabletop Grill
The Masterbuilt Smoke Hollow grill has 250-square inches of cooking surface with a warming rack. It uses a 10,000-BTU stainless steel “U” burner to distribute heat across the grill evenly.
The stainless steel legs collapse and fold for easy transportation and carrying. A small stainless steel drip tray captures all the grease and fat from your grilled food. This grill works with 16-ounce disposable propane cylinders and will give you perfectly grilled foods every time you use it.
- 250-square inches of cooking surface
- Includes a warming rack
- 10,000-BTU burner
- Collapsible legs
- Stainless steel drip tray
- Electric starter doesn’t work consistently
9. Flame King RV Compatible Gas Grill
This grill from Flame King comes with a bracket which allows you to mount the grill right onto the side of your motorhome or trailer! The hanging rack can also be used as legs in order to make the grill free-standing.
The grill is designed with locking retainer pins to secure the grill onto the mounted bracket. It includes 200-square inches of grilling surface. and is intended to be used with your motorhomes self-contained LP gas system. This convenient compact grill lets you grill on the go wherever you travel!
- RV and motorhome mountable
- Over 200-square inches of grilling surface
- Works with the self-contained LP gas system of your RV
- Can be mounted to the RV or used as a free-standing grill
- Does not include a quick-connect LP line
10. Giantex Propane Tabletop 2-Burner Stainless Steel Gas Grill
This 2-burner gas grill has a push-and-turn ignition starter for each burner. It offers up to 20,000 total BTUs and reaches a high temperature quickly so you can begin grilling right away.
Each burner has an individual temperature control so you can use high heat on one burner and low heat on the other. The grill has foldable legs and a lockable lid for portable transportation and storage. This compact and lightweight grill works with 20-pound propane tanks and is the ideal grill for tailgating or camping.
- 2 burners with individual temperature control
- Total of 20,000-BTUs
- Foldable legs
- Lockable lid
- Works with 20-pound propane tanks
- Requires a level surface for consistent burner flames
11. Megamaster 820-0033M Propane Gas Grill
This stainless steel tabletop grill from Megamaster offers 200-square inches of cooking surface. It uses 2 burners with push-and-turn ignition controls. Each burner provides 8000-BTUs for a total of 16,000-BTUs. The burners heat up and distribute heat evenly across the cooking surface.
The durable stainless steel lid can be locked during transport. The two foldable legs allow you to grill anywhere a level surface can be found. This grill gives you everything you need in a grill and nothing you don’t!
- 2 8000-BTU stainless steel burners
- Individual burner temperature controls
- Durable stainless steel lockable lid
- Foldable legs
- Requires assembly
12. Char-Broil Classic 360 3-Burner Liquid Propane Gas Grill
This grill features 360-square inches of cooking space. It has 3 stainless steel in-line burners deliver 30,000-BTUs to heat the grill grate evenly while you are cooking.
The Piezo ignition system ensures you have fast and reliable startups with the push of a button. The porcelain-coated steel lid and firebox can withstand weather and the elements with no issues.
There are 2 metal side shelves that measure 12-inches by 13-inches. These shelves give you extra storage and food preparation space while you are grilling. You will love the ease of grilling with the Char-Broil Classic 360 grill!
- 360-square inches of cooking space
- 3 stainless steel in-line burners
- 30,000-BTUs of heat capacity
- Piezo ignition system
- 2 metal side shelves
- Flame shields need repositioned after grilling
13. Camp Chef Tahoe Deluxe 3-Burner Grill
This convenient Camp Chef grill has removable stand legs for easily transporting the grill. It has 3 cast aluminum burners which deliver a total of 90,000-BTUs of heat!
The grill has a fully adjustable heat-control dial for each burner. It has an impressive 608-square inches of grilling space which makes this perfect for the family gathering or tailgating party.
It has a matchless ignition system and includes the hose and regulator for connecting to your propane tank. You will love the way this grill cooks your food. It is designed to last for years.
- 3 cast aluminum burners
- Total of 90,000-BTUs
- 608-square inches of cooking surface
- Matchless ignition system
- Wind screen protectors
- Difficult to control the heat on a low setting
14. Char-Broil Performance 300 2-Burner Cabinet Liquid Propane Gas Grill
This beautiful stainless steel grill from Char-Broil has 2 burners and 300-square inches of cooking surface. This provides ample grilling space for large parties or family gatherings.
The stainless steel lid gives this grill a sleek look and the lid-mounted temperature gauge allows you to monitor your food while enjoying the party. It uses an electronic ignition for fast and reliable startups. There are 2 metal side shelves that fold down when not in use.
A convenient cabinet underneath the grill conceals your propane tank. The grill sits on 4 casters for easy transportation of the grill anywhere it needs to go.
- 2 burners
- 300-square inches of cooking surface
- Stainless steel lid
- Sits on 4 casters and has 2 wheels that lock
- Time-consuming to assemble
Features To Consider
When choosing a gas grill, there are a few features you should consider.
Number of burners
If you will be cooking meat and vegetables at the same time, you want to look for a grill with at least 2 burners. This allows you to control the temperature settings individually for each burner. Now you can grill vegetables on a low heat setting and meat on a higher setting without worrying about scorching either food type.
If you will be grilling for large parties, then you want to be sure you are getting a grill with a cooking surface of at least 300-square inches. This will give you plenty of cooking surface to ensure you aren’t spending the entire day cooking.
Propane Tank versus Cylinder
Many of the smaller grills under $200 use disposable LP cylinders. If you want to use a large propane tank with your grill, you will need to get a 1-pound to 20-pound propane tank converter. Be sure to consider this when looking for a new grill.
There is nothing that can be compared with the taste of grilled food. If you are on a budget or do not want to spend a lot of money, you can find an inexpensive grill under $200 that meets all of your needs. It may not have the fancy features of a larger grill, but you will still get the fabulous grilled flavors you love.