What is the best BBQ grill light on the market and why do you need it? Well, what’s better than a wonderful summertime barbecue? The weather, the company, relaxation, and of course, the savory, delicious barbecued food. Some barbecues extend well into the evening; and it’s time for a second round of hamburgers, hotdogs, kabobs and so forth. Using a grill is easier when properly illuminated by a grill light.
10 different BBQ lights are reviewed in this article; all of which are great options. Get ready to make your next nighttime backyard BBQ even more fabulous.
Top 10 Best BBQ Gas Grill Lights
Get ready to decorate your patio with beautiful lights, tiki torches and citronella candles. Hook up your favorite Bluetooth speakers, and then bring out that platter of hot dogs, hamburgers, ribs and chicken that have been marinating all day. It’s time for an evening barbecue, and with a set of gas grill lights, you are ready to go. Here are 10 excellent options to consider.
LED Concepts BBQ Grill Light
The LED Concepts set of 12 super bright LED grill lights are quite impressive. The lights are affordable, convenient, easy to use, adjustable, extremely bright and have spectacular customer reviews.
From the magnetic base to the multi-directional neck, the light set is a great choice.
- Ultra-flexible gooseneck that measures 22”
- Adjustable screw lamp that attaches to multiple surfaces for added convenience
- Magnetic base – sits on magnetic surfaces stably with a strong bond
- Strong clamp that ensures light stays in place at proper angle
- Requires three AAA batteries which are not included with purchase
- Susceptible to weather damage
IMAGE Magnetic Ultra-Bright Barbecue Grill Light
The IMAGE Magnetic grill light is one of the brightest grill lights reviewed here. Even in total darkness, with no porch or patio lights, the grill lights allow you to see the grill in its entirety, from the handle to the cooking surface.
It’s also affordable and versatile, working with all types of grills and great for other outdoor applications.
- Incredibly bright blue LED lights that illuminate the entire surface of the grill even in complete darkness
- Versatile; works with gas, charcoal and electric grills
- One pair of lights included with purchase; goosenecks and magnetic bases for a wide range of placement and superior stability
- The lights stop working after a short period of time
- Flawed flexible loom
FIREOR Barbecue Grill Light
The FIREOR is a fair-priced, popular, well-built set of two lights. They include magnetic bases and LED bulbs.
The majority of customer reviews enthusiastically recommend the lights; a smart, quality buy.
- Flexible gooseneck light that moves in 360 degrees for complete adjustment; set of two
- Stands up to harsh weather conditions; magnetic bond not impacted by moisture or otherwise
- Utilizes very little power; runs efficiently; powered by batteries (included with purchase)
- The lights are small
- The brightness is not very strong
Weber Grill Out Handle Lights
Weber’s grill out handle LED lights are designed specifically to illuminate the handles and cooking surfaces for Weber select grills.
The bulbs are exceptionally bright and last for up to 10,000 hours per battery charge.
- The LED grill lights work perfectly with Weber’s Summit, Spirit, Genesis, Genesis II and more of its most sought-after grills
- Illuminates grill handle and cooking surface
- The bulbs last for an amazing 10,000 hours of use (via battery power)
- Exposure to the elements causes weather damage
- Short life
JanGoo BBQ Grill Light Magnetic Base with Super Bright LED Lights-360 Flexible
The JanGoo is noted for its wide range of uses and versatility.
From working as a great grill light to illuminating a dim office desk, garage, work area, basement or otherwise, it’s a stable, strong light with many purposes; it’s useful and affordable.
- Works perfectly when exposed to extremely high or low temperatures
- Versatile; can be used in a garage, basement, workshop, office (or grill)
- Comes with convenient carrying case, battery pack and 24-hour customer service
- Push button switch failure
- Magnetic base becomes detached
Bright Eyes Magnetic Barbecue BBQ Light Set for Grilling- 6 Alkaline AAA Batteries Included.
Bright Eyes set is a basic BBQ light set for occasional outdoor grilling.
It is not quite as durable as some of the other models reviewed here, but it is affordable and the majority of customer reviews are largely positive.
- Compatible with virtually all grills (with the exception of those composed of stainless steel
- Fully magnetic set of two lights included with set
- Includes cushioned carrying case along with six AAA batteries
- Incompatible with stainless steel
- Plastic lens melts
Zeust Sirius 2.0 Barbecue Grill Light
The Zeust is an overall well-built light set that allows for easy, convenient grilling at night. It offers perhaps the brightest illumination out of all the models reviewed here, and comes with full customer service support.
The price is also quite fair, making the lights a great value.
- Compatible with electric, gas and charcoal grills
- Completely waterproof and weather resistant
- Installation and use are both simple and easy to follow
- Water infiltrates light
- Faulty bracket attachment
EggXotic Light for Big Green Egg
The EggXotic is absolutely perfect for Big Green Egg grills. It firmly and securely wraps around the handle for full illumination.
It’s fully adjustable and strongly latches onto the handle, allowing you to grill in the dark with no problems.
- The EggXotic Light Big Green Egg does an excellent job of illuminating the entire grilling surface as well as the handle.
- The LED light wraps around the BGE (Big Green Egg) handle
- The light is fully rotatable and rechargeable
- Plastic components melt when exposed to high heat
- The light does not last very long
Man Law BBQ Products MAN-Y2 Illumination Series 27 LED Rechargeable Grill Light, One Size, Silver
The Char-Broil Classic 360 is the perfect choice for a small patio or grill. It is not suitable for indoor use, but it would be ideal for a small outdoor space.
It is well-reviewed by experts and customers alike. Char-Broil has an excellent reputation and is one of the grilling industry leaders. The Classic 360 is well-built, reliable, easy to use, easy to take care of, and is priced to sell.
- Includes a porcelain-coated swing away warming rack to prevent food from getting cold or drying out.
- Features three large stainless-steel in-line burners for exceptional cooking performance.
- Includes metal shelves on either side for extra storage space or a food prep area.
- Report of plastic component part melting while the grill was heating up.
- One customer claimed that only two out of the three burners worked upon initial assembly (which was done correctly).
Grill Light for BBQ by Lanterno
The Lanterno is a relative newcomer to the BBQ grill light industry. However, most people who have used it, speak highly of it. It’s easy to hook up and produces decent amount of light. Here are some of the prominent pros and cons:
- Works perfectly for BBQ grills, and mostly outdoor (though some indoor) applications such as sewing machines, jet band saws, lathes and so forth
- Includes industrial-strength clamp
- Triple-reinforcement magnetic base for superior strength
- Only nine customer reviews posted at this time, all of which are positive, giving the light five out of five stars
Quick Buying Tips
A few quick tips are listed in the next section for you.
Study Your Grill
- Make sure a light with a magnetic base will adhere to your grill; this is a common problem among stainless steel grills
- Check to see if there are adequate areas for the lights to either be magnetically adhered or clamped on with great stability
Check the Temperature Resistance
- Make sure the components of the light are able to withstand extremely high and extremely low temperatures
- Also read customer reviews on water/weather resistance and whether the lamps are known to fog up.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are a few frequently asked questions for you to review.
Q. How do you light a grill without lighter fluid?
A. There are several approaches you can take. A common method is using a fire starter along with a few bundles of newspaper, and igniting the newspaper and fire starter with a match.
Q. How do you light a grill with a lighter?
A. It is not recommended that you use a lighter, under any circumstances, to ignite a grill. Rather, it is much safer to use a long match stick and a match stick holder, while carefully holding your hand, sleeve and arms away from the valve that supplies the gas. Lighters are too dangers as there is the risk of accidental explosion.
Q. What is the best grill light?
A. Check out the reviews above; all 10 are great options. It depends on how often you plan on doing outdoor grilling, whether you plan on grilling in cold weather or rain, and so forth.
If you are interested in purchasing a BBQ grill light, there are many excellent options to choose from.
Check out the customer reviews to see what the experiences of others have been. How bright are the lights? Do they last long? Do they fog up when exposed to rain and humidity? What sort of customer service does the seller offer?
Once you have a good idea of the answers to the above questions, you should be ready to purchase a beautiful new set of gas grill lights. Festive, delicious and fun night-time barbecues await.