So everyone knows I live in Columbus now. I just thought I’d clue those of you in who don’t live in Columbus that approximately 21 out of the last 21 days, it’s rained.
Not “oh hello drizzle pants” but “ARMAGEDDON OUT OF NOWHERE STORM.” It does that approximately every 6-12 hours, rendering you incapable of planning any sort of outside activity. Also, because precision isn’t really important to weather people, they just give the entire day a 50% chance of rain. No one is trying to BBQ. It’s not summer or anything. Definitely no need to plan an outside dinner, who does that anymore, anyway?
So 21 days ago, I made these burgers, and haven’t been able to make them again since because, you guessed it, it’s probably going to rain.
If it’s not raining where you are, you should totally make these. They are pretty amazing.
- ground veal - 1/2 pound
- ground chuck - 1/2 pound
- sweet baby rays bbq sauce - 1 cup, divided
- panko - 1/4 cup
- salt and pepper - 1 teaspoon each
- powdered garlic - 1 teaspoon
- powdered onion - 1 teaspoon
- pineapple slices - 1 can drained, reserve the liquid
- bacon - 8 slices
- pepperjack cheese - 1 package
- hawaiian rolls - 1 package