I need an excuse sometimes. It doesn’t have to be a great excuse, just an excuse to do the things I want to do.
For instance, tonight, I want to put a whopping dollop of ricotta cheese in my soup and have no one question me about it.
I didn’t say it was an excuse to behave recklessly or be a brat, I just said I needed an excuse.
And you reading this is my validation. So thanks for that.
- olive oil - 2 tablespoons
- onion - 1 cup, diced
- garlic - 5 cloves, diced
- Italian Sausage - 1 pound
- oregano - 2 tablespoons
- san marzano diced tomatoes - 1 28 ounce can
- red pepper flakes - 1/2 teaspoon
- tomato paste - 1 can
- chicken stock - 4 cups
- whole wheat pasta - 1 pound box
- basil - 1/2 cup
- ricotta - 1 1/2 cup
- mozzarella - 1 cup
- parmesan - 1/2 cup
- salt and pepper - 1 teaspoon each