Well here I sit with a towel on my head because, wait for it, I worked out AND showered today.
I know. Call in the coast guard. And you know what else, I am going to go to the store to buy my husband razors because he needs to shave his face. All 7 hairs off of it.
AND I am going to probably dry my hair and fix it too. I get that you are overwhelmed with the excitement of my life right now. Alright maybe fixing it is pushing the limit, but I’ll definitely probably dry it.
Honestly, I don’t know that I will cook dinner tonight because I made enough of this Sundried Tomato and Chicken Baked Penne to feed the damn mafia last night.
Did you know they make pyrex pans that are bigger than 9 x 13? Well, they do. Because I used the largest baking vessel I have ever seen last night to make this. I would suggest halfing this recipe if you’re feeding less than 8. Yep. That much.
I have a few suggestions on when to make this dish. Because simply telling you what to make wasn’t bossy enough, I really wanted to tell you when to make it, too.
1) You had a friend who just had a baby. Perfect casserole for her family.
2) You are feeding the Swiss Guard.
3) You need to make something that will last for days and is excellent reheated.
4) Sunday. Sunday is a good excuse for anything.
I know, I should change fields and go into the profession of “advice giver”.
- butter - 1 stick
- penne - 1 pound, whole wheat
- chicken breasts - 4, boneless, skinless, and cubed
- flour - 1 1/2 cups
- milk - 5 cups
- garlic - 4 cloves, diced
- onion - 1, diced
- mushrooms - 1 10 ounce package, diced
- sundried tomatoes - 1 cup, chopped
- parmesan - 1 cup, grated
- provolone - 2 cups, grated
- bread crumbs - 1/2 cup