As I’m sure you saw in last Friday’s post Whit and I are moving to our hometown of Columbus, OH. This is both a sad an exciting time in our lives so today I want to talk a bit about the things I am excited about and the things I will miss.
Let’s start with the good things about Columbus:
- Closer to family. Nothing really bad about this. We don’t have to spend time/money on coming home for the holidays so now we can go visit our friends instead. I’m looking at you Cali friends.
- Foliage. Holy Crap did I get really excited the other day when I realized we were moving back to a place that actually has green and trees. Colorado is beautiful because of the mountains but it is straight up brown. No green anywhere.
- Skyline Chili. This is worth the move on its own. God bless Skyline. If you don’t know about it you should look it up.
And the things I will miss about Colorado:
- Colorado has this thing called mountains. They are pretty. Ohio, not so mountainous. People keep asking me if there is skiing in Ohio and I just laugh and tell them that we have lovely mole hills that we call “mountains”.
- Craft Beer. I know that Ohio has a budding craft beer scene but I don’t think it is as established or as ingrained in the culture as it is in Colorado.
- The weather. Colorado is sunny 300 days a year and is never humid. Ohio is cloudy 300 days a year and is super humid. My hair is not excited.
Even though it is sad to leave such a wonderful place I do have to say that I am very excited to get back to the midwest. I thought as a sort of sendoff it would be good to do one last drink that tastes like a mountain before we move. Aka a gin cocktail. This one is particularly special because it has an epic name that was inspired by the greatest race car driver ever, Ricky Bobby. Ladies and Gentlemen, I give to you, the Mystic Mountain Blackberry. It’s delicious and it cools you down on a hot summers day. Amen! (One guess who named this drink…)