Sundays. You are made for long breakfasts that run into lunch that happen to spill over into afternoons. Sometimes on Sundays, we don’t even leave the table. No frowns on this end. I could sit with a cup of coffee and a plate of baked breakfast goods with Brian all day. He might get bored, but with a head of hair like his, I could stare all day and not think anything of it.
It’s the small joys right? That’s why today, I am giving you a recipe that will incite such joy from anyone you give these to. They are the perfect Sunday breakfast/lunch/brunch/who are we kidding dinner item.
They are pillowy soft, light, sweet and delicious. And they are filled with blueberries to counter balance the heavy cream. I hear those two things combined equals celery. So you’re good.
- flour - 2 cups
- sugar - 1/3 cup
- baking powder - 2 teaspoons
- salt - 1/4 teaspoon
- butter - 6 tablespoons, chilled and diced
- blueberries - 1 cup, fresh
- vanilla - 1 teaspoon
- egg - 1
- heavy cream - 1/2 cup
- brown sugar - 1/2 cup, for crumble
- cinnamon - 1 teaspoon, for crumble
- flour - 1/4 cup, for crumble
- butter - 2 tablespoons, for crumble