Thanksgiving Week. It’s here, and yes, it deserves a two capital letter title. In my life, this is the busy season. It’s the end of quarter. It’s the week leading up to tax day.
And with that pressure comes what is only natural. Stress carb loading. While it’s indicative of the season, it’s also probably something we do because we’re stressed.
OK fine, I won’t speak for you, but it’s something I do because I’m stressed. And while we at Amuse Bouche celebrate all things super carbed and decadent, sometimes you want to give your family something to actually be thankful for.
And I can’t tell you how thankful I’ve been for the bounty of our weekly Grant Family Farms CSA. This hearty Roast Squash and Kale Salad is rich, filling, and great for you. It’s the perfect alternative to a traditional seven layer salad or heavier casserole at Thanksgiving. Not to mention the fact that it’s also beautiful.
- Acorn Squash - 1, quartered and seeded
- Kale - 1 bunch, roughly chopped
- Romain - 1/2 bunch, roughly chopped
- Carrots - 1/4 cup, grated
- Goat Cheese - 3 ounces
- Pomegranate Seeds - 1/4 cup
- Pine Nuts - 1/4 cup
- Pear infused Balsamic Vinegar - 2 tablespoons
- Olive Oil - 2 tablespoons
- salt and pepper - to taste