The holidays are upon us, people. And that means one thing: lots of people in your home.
Lots of people in your home, eating food.
Lots of people in your home eating food, with different food allergies and diets.
Yep. See you and I, we are planners. That means that we think long and hard about the wonderful things we want to serve our loved ones, and when we have different diets to cater to, we get a little stressed, am I right?
What would really be awesome, is if we could make one dish that is delicious while still catering to the needs of everyone.
You’re thinking that’s a pipe dream, huh? How many times have you made two versions of something just to make sure everyone gets a taste?
You don’t need to do that. Imagine a holiday morning where everyone rolls out of bed and you serve them piping hot apple cinnamon strudel rolls that are dairy free. Now imagine their faces when you tell them they are in fact, dairy free.
Because with Silk, you can make all of your holiday favorites without sacrificing excellent flavor.
What are some of the ways you use Silk to make holiday entertaining easier? Share them here and don't forget to enter Silk's Facebook Recipe Contest! Everyone who enters the contest receives a Silk cooking apron and three grant prize winners receive a KitchenAid Mixer and a free year of Silk! ($350 value each)
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Silk. The opinions and text are all mine.
For the perfect dairy free holiday breakfast!
- Dough: Vanilla Silk - 1/4 cup
- Dough: Vegan Cream Cheese - 1/2 cup
- Dough: Earth Balance - 1/2 cup
- Dough: Sugar - 2 tablespoons
- Dough: Salt - 1 teaspoon
- Dough: Eggs - 2
- Dough: Flour - 3 1/4 cups
- Dough: Instant Yeast - 1 packet
- Apple Base: Apples - 3, diced
- Apple Base: Earth Balance - 8 tablespoons
- Apple Base: Sugar - 3/4 cup
- Apple Base: Cinnamon - 1 teaspoon
- Filling: Cinnamon - 4 tablespoons
- Filling: Sugar - 1/2 cup
- Filling: Earth Balance - 8 tablespoons
- Frosting: Silk Vanilla - 2 tablespoons
- Frosting: Powdered Sugar - 2 cups