God bless fall because it’s the season of roasting things. This pretty much my weekend default method for the fall:
1) Take all the vegetables from my Grant Family Farms CSA.
2) Roast them in the oven.
3) Smile and eat. And smile some more.
There is something so simple and satisfying about letting these vegetables do their own thing. Just giving them some olive oil and a little seasoning and letting them work it out on their own in the oven.
Just like me, they don’t need to be told what to do. They have been kicking it on their own for years. No need for us to try and tell them something they already know. Just let them do their own dance.
And with a little kick from the cumin, cilantro and lime juice, this unexpected roast cauliflower dish really takes you to a warm and happy place.
- cauliflower - 1 head, chopped
- carrots - 1/2 pound, peeled
- fingerling potatoes - 1/2 pound, chopped
- garlic - 3 cloves, chopped
- cumin - 1 tablespoon
- salt and pepper - to taste
- crushed red pepper - 1/4 teaspoon
- olive oil - 2 tablespoons
- lime - juice of 1
- cilantro - 1/4 cup, chopped