I always wonder what the weekend means to people. You know, the one indicator that says “It’s not a weekend unless______”
Here are some of my examples.
It’s not a weekend unless I wake up with purple lips.
It’s not a weekend unless I debate the appropriateness of my pants in a public setting. example: Can I wear these leggings to the store without judgement?
It’s not a weekend unless Brian wakes up “entirely too early” by his standards. By the way, we are adults, sleeping until 10 is not happening anymore, brah.
It’s not a weekend unless I braise a piece of meat for at least 2 hours.
so, what’s your weekend indicator? Here’s something I hope you’ll add to your weekend repertoire.
Got a few hours before dinner? Try these tender short ribs.
- Short Ribs - 2 pounds, bone in
- Kosher Salt - 2 teaspoons
- Freshly Cracked Black Pepper - 1 teaspoon
- Olive Oil - 3 tablespoons
- Onion - 1 medium, chopped
- Carrots - 2 medium, chopped
- Celery Stalks - 2, chopped
- All-Purpose Flour - 3 tablespoons
- Tomato Paste - 2 tablespoons
- Cabernet Sauvignon - 1 bottle
- Fresh Thyme - 8 sprigs
- Fresh Rosemary - 2 sprigs
- Dried Bay Leaf - 2
- Head of Garlic - 1, peeled and roughly chopped
- Beef Broth - 4 cups
Go head, fill in the blank.
“It’s not a weekend unless _____”