The Prada of Potatoes.

I have theory about my body weight. One third of it comes from potatoes.

I can directly attribute one third of my entire body to potatoes.

Sounds like a lot whit, isn’t like, 99% of your body water?

NOPE, not mine. it’s potatoes. Starchy, carby potates.

French-like.

And since I can say, without a doubt in my mind, that 1/3 of Whit is potato – I treat my potatoes like I would my body. With love and style, clearly. (aka cheese and greenery. what? it brings out my eye color.)

Think about it.  If you’re getting klassed up for your business day, you don’t put on mayonnaise (sweatpants) you put on pecorino (prada).

Herb and Pecorino Fries

• 2 large baking potatoes, cut into 4-by-1/2-inch sticks
  • 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
  • 1 large garlic clove, minced
  • 1 teaspoon minced sage
  • 1 teaspoon minced rosemary
  • 1/4 cup freshly grated Pecorino Romano cheese
  • Salt and freshly ground pepper

Preheat the oven to 425°. In a large bowl,  grate your potatoes over a mandolin. Toss the potato sticks with the olive oil until evenly coated.

Spread the potato  on a lined baking sheet in a single layer and bake in the upper third of the oven, tossing twice with a spatula, until they are golden and crispy, about 30 minutes.

Sprinkle the minced garlic and herbs over the fries and toss well. Roast for about 5 minutes longer, until the herbs are fragrant and the garlic is lightly browned. Transfer the fries to a large bowl and toss with the grated Pecorino Romano. Season with salt and pepper and serve.

Like. Buttah.

Love,

Whit

Share It!

Whitney

About Whitney

Whitney is the Founder of Whit's Amuse Bouche, a nationally recognized food and humor blog. When she's not in the kitchen, you can find her with a glass of california cabernet in one hand and a hot glue gun in the other. She prefers sweat pants to real ones. View all posts by Whitney →

20 Responses to The Prada of Potatoes.

1. These look so delicious and honestly I dont think the instructions could be more simple and straightforward. I have no idea what nonya is talking about!

2. You, my friend, are my hero. I had fries like this at Cafe Chloe in San Diego once. Things tend to slip my mind like flour through a sieve which is why I forgot about these little sticks of heaven. Until now.

I wish I could say 1/3 of my body is potatoes. With thighs like mine, it’s probably around half. I’ve never met a potato I didn’t like and I look forward to a lasting relationship with these. I might just marry them. This is California, anything is possible.

3. The instructions are great, don’t know why people have to post negative stuff.

I love fries like this, one thing you might try is the truffled pecorino from Trader Joe’s … it might add a little more high class. :) I don’t recall having garlic with fries like this, I’ll have to give it a shot!

4. @Nikki … Next time you’re in San Diego, go to Bleu Boheme. Amazing little french restaurant with fabulous fries like these. :)

5. First of all, I am in love with your tag line “wink” been there before, that said, these fries sound and look scrumptious, but heck, I don’t have any potatoes in the house (Can you believe that)?

6. Holla! This was a very good analogy, Whit. I L-O-V-E potatoes. I declared my own potato love (again) today on my own blog–”Poppin’ Cheesy Twice-Baked Potatoes”. Mmm mmm mmm! I love the fact that you used Pecorino; it’s one of my favorite cheeses! Well, I’m a huge cheese lover so, I say “it’s one of my favorite…” a lot!

7. Oh my goodness – I’m also crazy about potatoes and these are just fabulous! I think going forward as much I will make this recipe I may just have 1/3 of my body being potatoes – that is so funny! :-) Seriously, thank you for posting this!

8. Wonderful recipe! Am in love…with your cooking skills and your humor! Am British and bat on different team:-)
    Gonna start blog of own so any tips etc greatly appreciated!